- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Sunday, July 1, 2012
6:47 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
This will be YOUR view, if you reserve yourself a spot on this bus.
Distretto has just announced that they are running buses up to the Cascata del Toce for the opening night event of the World Championship of Fireworks. This is the third consecutive year the service will be offered, making this otherwise rather remote location accessible to many more people.
You can take the bus from many different towns: Dormelletto, Arona, Stresa, Baveno, Feriolo, Gravellona, Ornavasso, Villadossola, Domodossola, Crodo, Baceno, or Premia, and then arriving at the falls.
Tickets are 15 euro a person round trip and 10 euro for children up to 16. The price is the same regardless of where you catch the bus.
You must make a reservation and I would suggest doing it ASAP as they will sell out. Make your reservation here, choosing where you plan to board the bus from the drop down menu:
The pickup time in Stresa is 4:30 PM, from Piazza Marconi (the parking lot in front of the Stresa boat dock). The ride time to the falls is about 2 hours. Be prepared: bring food to picnic with, comfortable shoes and clothes, and something to sit on, as you'll be there some hours.
Here's the entire 2012 Fiori di Fuoco fireworks schedule.
And here's another cooool way to see some of them.
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (36)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (71)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (32)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (28)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (12)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (32)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (11)
- restaurants (41)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (90)
- summer (64)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (29)
- winter (41)