Friday, April 24, 2009
3:08 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
This is where the bus stops in Stresa. Wait by the pole with the sign. There is a schedule posted on the pole. The lake and the imbarcadero are to your right; the Chiesa di Sant'Ambrogio, the light blue, large church, is to your left.
Taking the buses in Stresa to get around shouldn’t scare you. It’s easy, inexpensive, and can get you to a lot of places that you can’t reach by train, or without a car. The concerns are usually which bus to take, how many buses will I need to get where I want to go, and what is the schedule?
Hopefully this post will help to alleviate some of those concerns.
The following link brings you to a schedule for the local SAF bus system which runs back and forth between Arona and Verbania.
The main Stresa stop, (Stresa Imb. Nord,) is on the road near the imbarcadero, across from the Chiesa di Sant'Ambrogio.
Key for bus schedules:
Fer = Weekdays and Saturdays
Ven = Fridays
Gior = Buses that run everyday
Costs are not listed here; but I find the bus system to be a very economical mode of transportation, plus, you get to see many little towns along the way. Maybe even someplace you’d like to visit next.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do