Wednesday, January 9, 2013
5:36 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Evidence of Stresa's international appeal can be found in the variety of different daily journals that are available at several news dealers in town. There are three places in particular that I know of that sell a large selection of foreign newspapers and magazines. This shop, Edicola, is located on via A.M. Bolongaro, just inland from Piazza Cadorna. I counted at least eight languages available here. And in the English language, many different countries and publications were represented.
( continued.... )
On via Carlo Demartini, about halfway between the lake and the train station, there is this shop, Edicola Cristina. Inside, you'll find a mind-boggling number of magazines in many languages.
Editor's note May 2013: So sorry, this shop is now closed permanently.
And lastly, at the train station. In the parking lot on the street side of the station you may have noticed this sign with the arrow pointing toward the tracks. The entrance to the shop is there, on the track side.
Here, once again, is a very complete selection of reading material in many different languages. Perfect to grab something before the train ride.
The pins on the map below indicate the approximate locations of these news shops. From the right, Edicola in Piazza Cadorna, Edicola Cristina on via Demartini, and Libri Giornale Rivisti, at the train station.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- favorite quotations
- for kids
- Friends of Stresa Sights
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- La Lombarda
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- my house
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- What people say...