- ▼ April (6)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
2:30 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Linate Aeroporto is just outside of the city of Milano. To reach Stresa, north of Milano, the best way may be to travel into the city to the train station.
A lovely reader wrote to me a couple of days ago with a very good question regarding transportation. I haven't been able, for some reason, to return a mail to her, and seeing as the question may be pertinent to many and a good addition to the Transportation file, let's address it here.
The reader asks:
Q. I am flying into Linate Airport in July 2012 and am heading for Stresa....
I was going to get the Shuttle Bus from Linate Airport to Malpensa Airport and then get on the Alibus to take me to Stresa.
Does this make sense to you, if not can you suggest the best way for me to do it without a lot of changing. (continue reading for the answer ...)
A. Unlike from Malpensa, there is no Alibus shuttle to take one directly to Stresa from Linate International Airport. Therefore, there are a couple of options. From Linate one way to reach Stresa is with the shuttle bus that runs between Linate and Malpensa. It drops passengers at Terminal 2 at Malpensa, from which they can take the Alibus shuttle from Bus stop 12 to Stresa.
Here is the Malpensa/Linate shuttle link: www.malpensashuttle.it
And once again, the Alibus timetable link: www.safduemila.com
Another option is to get to Milano Centrale station. Linate Airport is very close to Centrale, only 9Km, and Linate runs a shuttle to Centrale for 5 euro. Once at Centrale one can take the train to Stresa. Even a taxi from Linate to Centrale should not cost much, perhaps 15 or 20 euro. If you are more than one person this becomes an economical way to reach Centrale.
Here is the Trenilalia link to search trains to Stresa from Centrale: www.trenitalia.com
The only way to reach Stresa directly from Linate could be with a private taxi. This should cost about 100 euro. Regarding the options mentioned above, please do keep in mind that all of the above information assumes daytime travel. Late in the night the trains run seldom, if at all, and the shuttles not at all.
Has anyone reached Stresa in another way from Linate? Please share it with us!
And to my lovely reader, whose mail I was unable to answer, your accommodation selection of Hotel Elena sounds perfect! If it is not available take a look at Hotel Saini, http://www.hotelsaini.it/ or Hotel Luina, http://www.hotelluina.net/de.html. And please write to me again (with a different email, maybe?) if there is anything else that I can help you with. I know you will love Stresa, and thank you for your truly lovely mail.
Readers have asked some great questions. Read them all here.
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (89)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)