Wednesday, April 11, 2012
2:30 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Linate Aeroporto is just outside of the city of Milano. To reach Stresa, north of Milano, the best way may be to travel into the city to the train station.
Unlike from Malpensa, there is no Alibus shuttle to take one directly to Stresa from Linate International Airport. Therefore, if you arriving at Linate and coming to Stresa, there are a couple of options. From Linate one way to reach Stresa is by taking the shuttle bus that runs between Linate and Malpensa. It drops passengers at Terminal 2 at Malpensa, from which they can take the Alibus shuttle to Stresa.
Here is the Malpensa/Linate shuttle link: www.malpensashuttle.it
And once again, the Alibus timetable link: www.safduemila.com
Another option is to get to Milano Centrale station. Linate Airport is very close to Centrale, only 9km, and Linate runs a shuttle to Centrale for 5 euro. Once at Centrale one can take the train to Stresa. Even a taxi from Linate to Centrale should not cost much, perhaps 15 or 20 euro. If you are more than one person this becomes an economical way to reach Centrale.
Here is the Trenilalia link to search trains to Stresa from Centrale: www.trenitalia.com
The only way to reach Stresa directly from Linate could be with a private taxi. This is costly, about 200 euro. Regarding the options mentioned above, please do keep in mind that all of the above information assumes daytime travel. Late in the night the trains run seldom, if at all, and the shuttles not at all.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do