Wednesday, January 16, 2013
6:57 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Patience... This is a lesson about the fruits of being patient. Look at this vine... I guess I never noticed this in the summer. Probably too many other flowers and plants all around Stresa then. Or more likely, when it is in full bloom, I didn't notice that it is composed of one, long, twisted, vine. Okay, maybe you think it's not as beautiful in the winter, but it allows us to look at its structure, and see how it became this way.
( continued.... )
Look how it starts on the right, travels over the doorway, then twists around the two poles, onto the balcony, then crosses a space, and wraps onto another balcony. It looked newly pruned, extra branches cut away, encouraging it to continue to grow and be shaped in this direction.
I imagine it gives someone a lot of pleasure. If they had not allowed that first branch to spread out... if they had cut it off when it first dared to do something different ... if they had resigned it to being normal, then never would it have had the chance to do this.
This house and vine can be found on via Roma, just one building up (toward the mountain) past the laundromat.
Labels: photo gallery
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- favorite quotations
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do