- ▼ June (6)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Monday, June 25, 2012
11:34 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Fireworks over Lago Maggiore? Amazing. Fireworks over Lago Maggiore from a boat in the lake? Positively, and absolutely, incredible.
I just received this mail from Fabri, reminding me of a really great thing he does in August, during the Fiori di Fuoco, the World Championship of Fireworks. If you are already going to be in Stresa, Baveno, or any of the other nearby towns along the waterfront, of course you will be able to find a spot and see the fireworks anyway. But, if you are looking for a way to make a spectacular event much more spectacular, or celebrate a special evening, or like to get up-close-and-personal, this is the way. Take a look at Fabri's Evening Fireworks Cruise tour:
Just in case you know anyone coming over for the 11th or the 15th of August (or both of those dates) we are going to have, as every year, a spectacular evening cruise to watch the display from the best position ever, on the boat.
The tours are as follows:
11th of August: From Stresa, Carciano and Baveno cruising over to Pallanza where people can have a wander around the town for a while, then 20 minutes before the firework display begins, we meet again to board the boat and move slightly off shore to watch the Austrian team fireworks presentation, with a glass of Spumante in hand. On the way back to Baveno-Carciano and Stresa, we will go around the islands to see them illuminated at night. Price €27.50 per person.
15th of August: As per 11th but instead of Pallanza, we will go to Laveno, and instead of the Austrian team, the Chinese team will participate. Price is €34.50 per person.
We normally get sold out, so I will encourage to book early. If it rains or gets suspended, we will refund the whole amount paid to us.
You can reach Fabri to book on his website, maggiorediscovery.com or write to him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full disclosure, I think it's important to mention here that I do not work with Fabri or Maggiore Discoveries,
and I am not compensated in any way for mentioning these events. I write only about what I want,
and what I like, and what I believe others coming to Stresa will also enjoy.
photo credits from top: fioridifuoco.it; lagodivarese.com; e20express.it; edizionelastampa.it
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (89)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)