Wednesday, December 7, 2011
7:33 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
just enough news to enjoy with your cappuccino
Today, our news is about snow and Scotland.
Just in time for the opening of the ski season, area ski resorts have been busy making snow, and finally, Mother Nature has done her part to help. Although limited, ski runs are open at Monte Moro and in the Centro del Fondo di Riale inValle Formazza, and more are set to follow. Photo courtesy of www.neveazzurra.org, which is an excellent source of ski information for the region (in Italian). continued....
And why Scotland? For this pleasant little review of Lago Maggiore and especially the Stresa area, from the Sunday, December 6 Scotsman. The writer spent a few days at the Hotel Majestic, in neighboring Verbania, and writes, "After a few hours on Lake Maggiore you might start to believe you're on the set of a 1960s Bond film." Read the entire review here: Travel: Maggiore, Italy
Labels: news and information
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do