- ► 2012 (70)
- ▼ December (6)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Saturday, December 3, 2011
7:28 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Alpyland, the alpine toboggan ride which opened two years ago at the summit of Mt. Mottarone, has just posted its hours for the winter 2011-2012 season. They are as follows:
Wednesday, December 7, will be the opening day.
December 7 to 11: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
December 17 and 18: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
December 29 until January 8: Daily from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Remainder of January, February, and March: All weekends from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.... continued...
Single run, adult 13 to 64: 4.50 euro. 3-courses for the same age group: 12 euro
Single run, child 9 to 12 and adults over 65: 3 euro. 3-courses for the same: 8 euro
There are additional prices for larger numbers of runs, and some height restrictions do apply. See the website for the complete information: www.alpyland.com
Here are some wonderful photos, first posted last winter, of Alpyland in the snow, with stunning clear views of Lago Maggiore:
all photos courtesy of Alpyland website.
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (36)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (71)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (32)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (28)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (12)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (32)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (11)
- restaurants (41)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (90)
- summer (64)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (29)
- winter (41)