Tuesday, November 11, 2014
10:02 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Easing back into normal routines after a lovely break of a few weeks. And what better way to return to reality than with a reminder that, although very real, living in Stresa is sometimes much like living in a fairy tale. Here, in online publication Swide, Stresa's Isola Bella is chosen as one of "20 Real-Life Fairy Tale Places in Italy."
As Swide says:
Swide chose these two photos to illustrate the choice of Isola Bella: Above, Isola Bella from the lake, and below, one of the white peacocks strolling in the garden on Isola Bella.
( Continued ... )
Although nice to be included on this list, personally I think there are at least 20 places just in Stresa and its environs that are like a real-life fairy tale, don't you agree? In addition to Isola Bella, how about Isola Pescatori, Isola Madre, Santa Caterina, Villa Taranto, La Rocca di Angera, Lago d'Orta, and on and on...
Labels: news and information
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do