Sunday, May 18, 2014
9:26 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Summer visitors, here they are! All the engagements for the Stresa Festival 2014. This year's festival has been given the name "Music on the Move." Events begin on July 24 with the Jazz Concerts and end on September 6 with the last of the "Music on the Move" concerts.
What's new this year?
Six Midsummer Jazz Concerts during the weekend of July 24 through July 27, an increase from four in previous years .
New this year, you can buy your tickets online, AND, download the ticket pdf onto your smartphone to show at the door. No more need to print a ticket.
Downloadable brochures of the concert schedule and artist information.
Concert 1000! Friday, August 22, 2014 marks the first concert of the 2014 season, but it also marks the 1000th concert ever of the Stresa Festival. To celebrate the event, Stresa Festival director Gianandrea Noseda will lead the orchestra and choir of the Teatro Regio di Torino in a special performance at the Palazzo dei Congressi in Stresa.
A new promotional video:
( Continued ... )
Here is the full 2014 schedule:
Music on move
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do