Tuesday, June 18, 2013
10:05 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Finally this week, the run of cold and wet weather in Stresa has abated, and it seems that summer is truly arrived. And almost perfectly on time for it, the new swimming pool at Carciano should be open this Saturday, June 22. Pictures I took just a couple of days ago show a finished swimming pool, and striking looking too, but locked gates all around. Workers were doing things inside ... seeming last touches. Being closed afforded me the opportunity to capture some photos of the large infinity pool, tranquil and empty. Because I'm sure it won't be so for long. ( continued ... )
Aren't infinity pools fascinating? See how I lined up the small boats to appear as if they are floating on the edge of the infinity pool?
This panorama, although somewhat distorted, shows a bit more of the pool area: large infinity pool, with a small fountain area for children to the right. Far right behind the fountain you can see a portion of the terrace with tables and umbrellas. The bar is also in that direction.
At present the chairs are tucked under the tables for safe keeping.
Infinity pools drop off to somewhere on their 'infinity' side. In this case the water flows over the side of the pool and down the retaining wall in a cascada, a waterfall, creating a backdrop to the sandy beach area.
Another pano, of the beach area, shows a wide expanse of sand, pool to the right, Mt. Mottarone cableway straight ahead, and Isola Bella at about 10 o'clock. Rather unique beach...
The entrance is locked and the area seems to be waiting for last landscaping.
If arriving at the pool from the Carciano boat station, the end of the lungolago paved path, or by car to the Carciano parking lot, the pool is down this road on the right about 100 meters.
The sign states that the pool will be open every day from 10 AM until 7:00 in the evening. Prices are still not posted. SportingStresa has some wonderful professional photos of the pool on their page. I share a few of those here below.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do