Saturday, June 22, 2013
2:34 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Heard some wonderful jazz the other evening in Piazza Cadorna. On several evenings throughout the summer you can have your dinner in the piazza accompanied by jazz. The bands will be set up on the Cafe Nazionale side of the piazza, and music begins at 7:30. ( continued ... )
This was Rainbow Quintet, performing last Wednesday, a perfect evening to eat outside.
Pretty much every table in the piazza seemed taken at 7:30 when the music started.
There are six engagements scheduled during the summer, and each has a rain date, just in case. Here's the schedule:
The last event, on August 15, is a joint concert with Rainbow Quintet and Caterina Lippolis Jazz Quartet sharing the stage. And I would like to mention that these musical evenings have been made possible by a joint collaboration of many of the shops surrounding the piazza, for your pleasure.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do