Sunday, February 24, 2013
3:32 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Rental boats usually have a capacity of approximately six people.
Admit it... you have envied the small boats you see on the lake. Whether you're standing on the lungolago, or on a ferry heading somewhere, or watching a small motorboat anchor near Isola Madre for a swim, there's probably been a moment when you had wished it were you.
Well it can be! There are several small boat rental businesses along our portion of the lake, with a variety of small motor crafts that can be rented hourly, for a half-day, a whole day, or even longer. A boat license is not needed for this size motorboat, and all safety and other equipment is usually provided by the renters, including insurance.
Cantiere Nautico Taroni is the closest boat rental location to the center of Stresa. It is located just past the Carciano boat dock, heading in the Baveno direction.
Here's a list of a few nearby boat rental facilities to get you started with a search. Contact them by email or phone to see if they have what you want. It may also be helpful to stop in at the Stresa Tourist Office at the main boat dock and ask if they have any other rental recommendations.
http://www.cantieretaroni.it/ - in Stresa, just past the Carciano dock going out of town toward Baveno.
it/noleggio/ - about 10 minutes outside Stresa, in Lesa.
carcanomotorimarini.com/?jjj= 1487914138008 - also located in Verbania
So you see, it can be you! Imagine yourself, zipping along in your motorboat, living the Italian lake dream!
Labels: outdoor activities
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do