Thursday, February 21, 2013
9:26 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Just enough news to enjoy with your cappuccino ...
Time for another cappuccino news break; this time let's talk about culture: cinema, music, and tourism.
An interesting award given to Stresa and Verbania, and in reality all the region of Piemonte, from the online hotel comparison website Trivago. Piemonte took first place, based on users' ratings, in online reputation of regions in Italy, that is, the quality and ease-of-use of online resources and planning. Within Piemonte, Stresa took second place prize, behind Alba, and Verbania came in fourth place, after Torino. The award was given recently in Milano, during the International Tourism Exchange. Nice to know that Stresa is so highly regarded online according to tourists. In my opinion, a reputation well-deserved.
( continued .... )
Stresa may be the setting for at least part of another film soon. French director Eugene Green plans to film most of his next movie in Italy, perhaps partly in Stresa, where he also did casting auditions last week at the Distretto Turistico dei Laghi office. The working title of the film is 'La Sapienza.' Green described it in a recent interview, "It takes place today, but the central character is an architect who is obsessed by the great baroque architect Francesco Borromini, who will be present through his architecture and references to his life."
The 2013 Settimane Musicale concert dates have been officially published. This summer begins with six offerings in the Midsummer Jazz Concert Series, double the amount of last year. All of the concerts will be open air, at the Promenade la Palazzola, and tickets cost 25 euro. Here is the listing of concerts, and for the full 2013 schedule, as well as more information, you can always access the Festival through the link on the left column of this blog, or at: www.stresafestival.eu
Midsummer Jazz Concerts 2013
Labels: news and information
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do