- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ▼ December (6)
- ► 2011 (65)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (159)
Monday, December 10, 2012
2:31 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
I took a stroll around the Stresa Friday market with an eye toward Christmas gifts. Here are just a few of the items I found there:
A great variety of women's coats and jackets in all of this year's styles, at market prices. If you have forgotten a warm enough jacket, or misjudged how the temperatures would be here, or just want some fun extra jackets for yourself or gifts, these are perfect.
And the guys are not left out of this either:
( continued .... )
Lots of choices for keeping cold toes warm:
Simple snowflakes on the bottom of socks...
Or why not really get into the Christmas spirit with some of these?:
I also noticed some plant decorations:
My favorite, little table-sized live trees decorated with a few tiny boxes or fake snow:
It was good to see the market get into the spirit of the season. Not too many tourists at this time of year, but definitely many people who seemed to be buying gifts. All that was missing was a kiosk selling mulled wine, and maybe some Christmas carols playing over a speaker.
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture
- day trips
- favorite quotations
- for kids
- Friends of Stresa Sights
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- La Lombarda
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- my house
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- What people say...