- News: Villa Taranto Gardens To Remain Closed Indef...
- FYI: Stresa's General Store
- Food: Buffet di Ferragosto
- News Bites: Little Bits Of News From Stresa
- Shopping: Images Of A Stresa Of Long, Long Ago
- Seen In Mergozzo: Vicolo
- Day Trip: Yes! You Can See Venice In A Day From St...
- News: Stresa Sights And 100 Places In Italy Every ...
- ▼ August (8)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Friday, August 17, 2012
11:15 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Just enough news to enjoy with your cappuccino.
In this edition of News Bites we have tweets and streets and then more tweets.
The excitement continues! Following the news that this blog has been featured in Susan Van Allen's book, 100 Places in Italy Every Woman Should Go, comes more news from Susan: We have been tweeted, and retweeted! After tweeting about Stresa Sights, Susan reported that her tweet was retweeted by Frances Mayes, author of Under the Tuscan Sun. I'm not sure that I've been tweeted about by anyone before, ever. How very exciting to have our first tweets be from such wonderful authors. I also never thought I'd have occasion to say 'tweet', and I've now said it eight times in this post. Exciting times indeed...
( Continued... )
It won't be finished before 2015, but finally the green light has been given to construct the continuation of the Stresa Lungolago path, all the way to Baveno. The distance, only about 1.5 miles, would link the two towns along the lake, ending the unsafe practice of walking on the edge of the narrow road. The project is a joint venture between the Comune and Hotel Villa e Palazzo Aminta, as a part of the path will traverse through their lakeside garden.
The notices from the Stresa Festival started arriving in my news feed early one morning and then kept coming. The last portion of the 2012 Festival, which begins on August 25, is selling out quickly. Some performances are already completely sold out, while others have only few seats remaining. Check the schedule and get tickets while you still can. The Festival also has offered a warning to ticket purchasers, to not buy tickets online from sources other than the Festival itself. There have been reports of tickets being sold at highly inflated prices by unauthorized agencies. Tickets can always be purchased directly through the Festival, online, via email, or by phone. Details are on their website.
One of the 100 places in Italy every woman should go, as featured in Susan's book, is Isola Bella. Wouldn't it be great to take her book and visit all 100 places?
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (9)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (88)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (3)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)