Wednesday, May 2, 2012
5:32 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
The view from a room at Hotel Verbano.
In addition to the four Michelin fork-awarded restaurants in Stresa and the seven Michelin starred restaurants within 20 miles from Stresa, that we spoke about here, there are also many Michelin recommended hotels in Stresa listed in their Green Guide. Almost all of these hotels also have restaurants which are open to the public. Here is the list of Michelin hotels, to help you, in addition to other resources, decide what may be the best place for you to stay in Stresa. They are listed in the order in which Michelin lists them by their ranking. Included is a short description from the Michelin summary, and the rating.
Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees *****
Corso Umberto, 28838 Stresa
This majestic property in Art Nouveau style includes indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a spa. It is on the shores of Lago Maggiore, opposite the Borromean Islands.
Villa e Palazzo Aminta *****
Via Sempione Nord, 123, 28838 Stresa
Villa e Palazzo Aminta offers a luxurious wellness centre right on the shores of Lago Maggiore. It also features a private beach and an outdoor swimming pool. Parking is free. All rooms have a balcony with views of the lake or the park.
Hotel La Palma ****
Corso Umberto, 33 28838 Stresa
La Palma enjoys picturesque views over Lago Maggiore in the Stresa city center. Located directly on the lakefront, it is surrounded by a garden and provides free parking.
Hotel La Palma
Hotel Astoria ****
Corso Umberto, 31 28838 Stresa
The Astoria is set on Stresa's lake-side promenade facing the Borromean Islands. It has a nice garden and offers air-conditioned rooms with Wi-Fi access, satellite TV and panoramic views.
Hotel Regina Palace ****
Corso Umberto, 29 28838 Stresa
Hotel Regina Palace is a majestic Art Nouveau building offering refined classic-style interiors and a large garden with a pool.
Hotel Bristol ****
Cosro Umberto, 73 28838 Stresa
Located at the foot of the Alps, Grand Hotel Bristol overlooks Lago Maggiore and the Borromean Islands. It features a panoramic swimming pool and a large, lush garden.
Hotel Verbano ***
Via Ugo Ara, 2 28838 Isola dei Pescatori, Stresa
A small, romantic hotel with a privileged location on Isola dei Pescatori in Lago Maggiore, a few minutes by boat from Stresa. The hotel's restaurant serves specialties typical of the mountains and lakes in the surrounding area.
Hotel Flora ***
Via Sempione Nord, 26 28838 Stresa
Hotel Flora is located on the banks of Lago Maggiore, a 10-minute walk from Stresa's centre. It features views over the Borromean Islands, free parking, a pool and a fitness centre.
Hotel Royal ***
Viale Lido, 1 28838 Stresa
Hotel Royal is a family-run hotel located in a quiet area near Lago Maggiore, offering views of the Borromeo Gulf and the Alps.
Hotel Du Parc ***
Via Gignous, 1 28838 Stresa
Hotel Du Parc is a pretty, early 20th-century villa with large green gardens. Well located, this elegant hotel with splendid decor is just a 5-minute walk from Stresa's historic centre.
Hotel De Parc
Hotel la Fontana ***
Via Sempione Nord, 1 28838 Stresa
La Fontana is a family-managed hotel, set in an Art Nouveau villa of the 1940s with its own park. It is located in Stresa, just 50 meters from Lago Maggiore.
Du Parc Dipendenza **
Via Gignous, 1 28838 Stresa
Du Parc Dipendenza is the 2-star annex to the 3-star Du Parc Hotel located just 20 meters away.
The Michelin site has very clear and helpful photographs of rooms and many other areas of all these properties. Michelin refers users to Booking.com to make reservations; use that or any other booking procedure that you are comfortable with.
photos and list are from the 2012 Michelin Green Guide. I apologize for any omissions or errors.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do