- ▼ April (6)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Saturday, April 21, 2012
10:32 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
The outdoor garden at ristorante Piemontese in Stresa.
Michelin Recommended Restaurants in Stresa:
Vicoletto (one fork)
Vicolo del Poncivo, 31, Stresa,
Charleston (four forks)
Regina Palace Hotel, Corso Umberto, 29, Stresa
Piemontese (two forks)
Via Mazzini, 25, Stresa
Il Clandestino (two forks)
Via Rosmini, 5, Stresa
A colorful tabletop at Il Clandestino, Stresa.
In the list below, these are the Michelin starred restaurants within a 20 mile radius of Stresa, again with links to their Michelin review page and to their own websites when available. They are listed in order of their distance from Stresa:
Piccolo Lago (2 stars, 3 forks; 6 miles from Stresa)
Via Turati, 87, Lago di Mergozzo
Lago di Mergozzo, seen from a table at Piccolo Lago.
Il Sole di Ranco (1 star, 3 forks; 6 miles from Stresa)
Piazza Venezia, 5, 21020, Ranco
Villa Crespi (2 stars, 4 forks; 8.5 miles from Stresa)
Via Fava, 18, 28016, Orta San Giulio
Villa Crespi, known for its special events.
Via Monte Rosa, 9, 28045, Invorio
Ristorante: Pascia Stresa Sights post
Modern interior at Pascia.
Al Sorriso (3 stars, 4 forks; 12 miles from Stresa)
Via Roma, 18, 28010, Soriso
Osteria del Borgo (1 star, 2 forks; 17 miles from Stresa)
Via Fratelli Antongini, 16, 13011, Borgosesia
Ilario Vinciguerra (1 star, 3 forks; 20 miles from Stresa)
Via ROma, 1, 21013, Gallarate
As mentioned above, Michelin has recommended in this guide several hotels in Stresa, most of which have public restaurants. Here is the link to the guide online listing these hotels: Michelin hotels with restaurants in Stresa. They are marked with the Michelin R symbol with a small roof over it. And read the post about it here:
And read the post about the hotels here: Michelin Recommended Hotels in Stresa
Decisions, decisions!! I have some to make now. Sadly, I have only eaten in one of these restaurants so far (Vicoletto, and I love it), and this has to change. My goal then, should be to eat in as many of these restaurants as possible. Not a bad goal, don't you think? Which to go to first... ?
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (9)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (88)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (3)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)