Thursday, August 18, 2011
6:42 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
I could hear the music from my room on Tuesday evening, and so I went outside to discover the source. I found it in narrow Via A.M. Bolongaro, where the cobblestone road was closed to cars and a band had been set up directly in the street, in front of Bar Caffe Moka. People quickly filled the wooden tables Marcello has outside the bar; they were ordering pizzas, beers and wine.
On the other side of the street Gelateria K2 (which is pronounced Gelateria Kappa Due here btw) had a long line of gelato seekers. And the white chairs in the photo below are outside Caffe' 5, next to Caffe Moka, another excellent viewing and aperitivo spot.
Via Bolongaro is the street on the right side of the restaurant Osteria degli Amici, in Piazza Possi. If you don't normally make a wander down Via Bolongaro in Stresa, you should start to include it on your walks. It's a normal residential street, used by locals as much as tourists. It is also where the Post Office, the Uffico Postale, is located.
There is a different band each Tuesday night throughout the summer season. This one played a great selection of blues, rock, and classics that pleased everyone in the crowd, regardless of their home countries. The music began around 8 PM, and finished a bit after 11, with an encore of U2's One Love. Definitely a fun, casual spot to hang out and enjoy Stresa on a nice summer evening.
Always keep your eyes, and ears, open around Stresa. There is always so much music, both scheduled and somewhat impromptu, both inside and outside.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do