Tuesday, August 9, 2011
8:19 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
This is Stresa's new water station. The Casa dell'Acqua is located just a few short streets from Piazza Cadorna, and centrally located enough to hotels, lake, and train station. Whenever you're passing by, or when starting your day of sightseeing, or, when heading back to your room after a long day, make this part of your route.
This summer, the station, which was opened on July 3, seems to be offering water to all for free. At some time however, there should be a small charge initiated, only 10 euro cents for 1.5 liters of water.
The control panel on the left gives you choices of natural or fizzy water, and sizes of .5, 1.0, and 1.5 liter. There should be a coin slot added soon and instructions for use are on the wall to the left.
And the A marks where the water station is located, in Piazza Giuseppe Sirtori. For reference, the Piazza Cadorna is the large space on the map to the right of Via Principe Tomaso.
The weather's been hot here and I think this water station is a great idea that should be much used and appreciated. Grazie Stresa, for this initiative! The only thing that could make it better would be if it dispensed Prosecco. One can dream, no? :-)
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do