Tuesday, June 7, 2011
11:20 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Da non perdere! That's how to say DO NOT MISS THIS! in Italian. I have just added these dates onto the Stresa Sights calendar for this summer's World Championship of Fireworks, the Fiori di Fuoco. This year marks the 13th edition of the unforgettable battle in the skies. The program begins on July 23th, and it ends on August 28th. Five pyrotechnic companies, from three different continents, competing in a fierce battle in six (no! now seven!) incredible locations, starting with ... Wait. You know what? Better to just watch the video... :-)
Here, for your convenience, are the dates. This is, as we've said before, one not-to-be-missed event.
Saturday 23 July 2011 - Stresa. This date has been added to the program since the production of the video and is not on the website yet either. This performance will be at the Stresa waterfront, in celebration of the opening of the Stresa Music Festivale.
Saturday 30 July 2011- Cascata del Toce, Formazza
Up until now this had always been the premiere event of the Fiori di Fuoci. So let's continue to call this the grand opening display with lights and sound, at the MAGNIFICENT dam called Cascata del Toce. Company: PARENTE FIREWORKS - ITALY
Friday 5 August 2011- Cannobio (VB), Lago Maggiore
Company: Feyeriya - UKRAINE
Saturday 6 August 2011- Angera/Arona, Lago Maggiore
Company: Mudan Fireworks - TAIWAN
Sunday 14 August 2011 - Santa Maria Maggiore, Valle Vigezzo
Company: Pireemar Pirotecnia Especializada - MEXICO
Monday 15 August 2011 - Laveno Mombello, Lago Maggiore
Company: Steffes-Ollig GmbH – GERMANY
Sunday 21 August 2011 - Omegna, Lago d'Orta
Company: Pyrostars Fireworks – SWITZERLAND
Sunday 28 August 2011 - Omegna, Lago d'Orta
Grand finale display of pyrotechnics set to music: Company: PARENTE FIREWORKS - ITALY
Main website: www.fioridifuoco.it
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do