Saturday, April 9, 2011
9:19 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Soooo many delicious Italian wines! How will you ever choose which to try? Here's one way to make this daunting task a little easier and a whole lot more enjoyable. Stop in at the wonderful Enoteca La Cambusa shop on via Cavour in Stresa and have your own wine tasting! Remember, we first went there last year and met Rosaria? Well, you should stop in and meet her too when you're here.
Rosaria tells me it was so popular last year that she will continue this year to let customers come in and enjoy bottles of wine right there in the shop. Here are the particulars again:
Just go into La Cambusa and look for a bottle of wine. Rosaria or someone else in the shop can help you choose something interesting to try from the massive selection. From reasonably priced local wines, to very special bottles of Brunello, Barolo, or Barbaresco, you'll find so much you want to try. Rosaria will open the bottle for you and provide you with glasses and some little nibbles. Make yourself comfortable on the little wooden tables in the shop, maybe choose some crackers or something else to eat with your wine, and just relax and enjoy the ambiance. Isn't this a great idea? Haven't you always wanted to try some new Italian wines during your trip without paying a high price for them by the glass? Wouldn't this also be perfect on a rainy afternoon when you are wondering what to do?
Different from just going into a bar for some drinks, this is something I think you'll enjoy doing a lot.
What a cozy spot to enjoy a bottle of wine.
So tell me, what did Rosaria choose for you?
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do