Thursday, March 10, 2011
10:07 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
|He looks out over a lake that can't be seen...|
|And they gaze at a garden that's completely empty|
|Wondering, perhaps, where everyone has gone...|
|Even the plants have gone into hiding.|
|With no visitors to entertain maybe they speak to each other. A little gossip...|
|...or an offer of a small gift.|
|Other elements, overlooked before, have their chance to be seen.|
|An elaborate iron gate.|
|A fence that features symbols of the Borromeo family.|
|The unicorn and three rings.|
|But the peacocks, like always, are keeping watch, and waiting for spring, and you, to return.|
Thanks again to Giampiero for the kind use of his photographs. If you're here in the summer don't miss Lo Spirito del Lago, the very progressive art exhibit that Giampiero organizes in lo Spazio Luparia in Stresa and in various centuries-old venues on Isola Bella.
Photographs are all the property of Giampiero Zanzi and may only be used with his permission.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do