Wednesday, March 16, 2011
10:20 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Buona festa Italia!
As will be happening all over the country of Italy today, also Stresa will be celebrating the official anniversary of the Unification of Italy. Stresa is ready to participate in the festivities; the town invites all citizens and guests to attend and join in all of the numerous events that are planned, and to display the Italian flag from their balconies or windows in honor of the day.
Here is their program:
10:30 am.: At the Monument dedicated to the Alpini on the Lungolago, join the Alpini organization of Stresa in a flag raising ceremony.
11:00 am: A procession will form in front of the Centro Internazionale di Studi Rosminiani.
11:30 am: The procession will make its way to Villa Ducale, where the sindaco, the mayor, and other authorities will host a guided tour of the villa, paying special attention to the places within it that have hosted the founders of the Italian rebirth.
The holiday will become an annual event. And this year the celebrations will continue long after today. On April 14 there will be a special program dedicated to the schoolchildren of Stresa. And this July 23 there will be a band concert in honor of the occasion at the Lido Beach in Carciano, followed by the inaugural fireworks display of the 2011 World Championship of Fireworks.
I know that wherever you are today, you will think of Italy and celebrate her 150th anniversary in some way.
Buona festa Italia!
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do