Friday, August 6, 2010
7:24 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Sometimes the journey is as good as the destination. Such is the case on the long boat ride from Stresa to Locarno on the Navigazione Laghi ship Verbania. These people are enjoying the view from the lower deck, just about at water level. Upstairs are two restaurant decks, one casual and one a bit nicer, and more seating, the top deck in the sunshine. The trip from Stresa to Locarno takes just under three hours, making several stops along the way including Cannobio, Luina across the lake, the Brissago Islands on the Swiss side of the lake, and Ascona, before Locarno. It is also often the boat part of the Lago Maggiore Express route.
There is no better way to get a sense of the scope and size and true beauty of the lake than by being on it. A very relaxing ride indeed...
Labels: photo gallery
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do