- ► 2012 (70)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- San Carlo Borromeo Statue
- News Bites -- Little Bits Of News From Stresa
- FYI – The Navigazione Laghi – Information And Boat...
- Risotto alla Milanese - With a Little Something Ex...
- Santa Caterina del Sasso
- Letter From the Editor -- Authenticity
- The Nebbiolo and the Fog
- News Bites - Little Bits of News From Stresa
- Cioccolata Calda - Italian Hot Chocolate
- Mt. Mottarone in Winter - Stresa Goes Skiing
- Letter From the Editor -- New Year Thoughts
- ▼ January (12)
It’s a pity that people tend to think of Stresa only as a summer destination. Very few realize that it sits at the base of a full-fledged ski resort, but that it does, with fantastic, affordable, hassle-free skiing available right from the center of town, without the need of a car.
Mottarone has a full range of services for skiers. Rentals of all equipment, lessons, several restaurants and bars. The snow is great. While down below Stresa doesn’t receive too much snow, protected as it is by the lake and mountains, 5000 feet higher Mottarone can be covered in white by November. As I write this and check the ski report the mountain has a 48” base, fresh powder cover, and is 100% open. As I write this and check the ski report I think to myself voglio sciare… I want to ski.
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (9)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (88)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (3)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)