- ► 2012 (70)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
- Franciacorta - Italy's Answer To Champagne
- Prosecco - Italy's Quintessential Aperitivo
- Moscato d'Asti and Asti Spumante - Piemonte's Spar...
- Picturesque Presepi
- The Presepi of Isola Bella
- Update! Panettone o Pandoro...
- Market Report - Christmas Shopping
- Panettone or Pandoro?
- Christmas in Milan
- Need Francobolli? The Italian Post Office
- An Evening of Bubbles -- AIS Champagne Tasting
- Osteria del Castello
- Gara a Stresa on San'Ambrogio Day
- FYI - Going To Milan From Stresa
- Il Bel Bonet
- ▼ December (16)
Franciacorta… the third wine to be discussed in my little miniseries on the sparkling wines of
Here are the similarities between Franciacorta and
But there are differences as well, between these wines and their French cousins. Only a small amount of Franciacorta is produced each year; only one sixth the amount of Prosecco and far less than Champagne. They work better with food than
Franciacorta costs more per bottle than Prosecco or Moscato d’Asti. Look for it by the glass at wine bars; an excellent way to try it. Hope you enjoyed this little miniseries; more importantly I hope it entices you to go out and try a bottle or two. Any comments? Suggestions for a next wine to taste? Leave them here...
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (9)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (88)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (3)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)