Sunday, February 12, 2017
7:02 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
A short distance from Stresa, just 200 meters away from the shores of Lago Maggiore, hidden, but just off the main road, is a quiet, tranquil little lake, a perfect spot for a day of fishing: Fishing Center Lago Betulle.
This man-made lake offers approximately 1,000 meters of safe banks, 40,000 square meters of water with a maximum depth of 15 meters, and the chance to catch rainbow trout, brown trout, salmon, sturgeon, carp, hamour, channel catfish, and more. And not just tiny fish; the record as of this writing is a 16.2 kilo carp!
Spend all day, as there is a restaurant and playground on the premises. There are also specials on certain days, and fishing championships on others. Take a look at the website or contact them if you have specific questions or for prices and information.
There is parking on-site. Lake Betulle can also be reached with public transportation by taking the bus to the Feriolo stop and walking a short distance to the lake.
via Arnold Feriolo di Baveno
Phone: +30 0323 28402
Labels: outdoor activities
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do