Friday, July 19, 2013
5:43 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
There are so many different food festivals throughout the summer in Stresa and the surrounding towns. Like this one last night, and again this evening, the annual Cibi di Strada, Street Food, in Intra. In four areas around Intra, Piazza Ranzoni, Piazza San Vittore, Via San Vittore, and Corso Mameli, between 6 and 10 pm, more than a dozen restaurants set up serving tables outside. One could purchase tickets, 10 euro for three, and then exchange each for a plate of food. Pick up your wine glass and its holder to wear around your neck. Each glass of wine was also one ticket. Then sit at one of the tables also set up for dining, or wander to the next serving station, or across to the lake.
Want your mouth to water? Listen to some of these offerings... From Gattabuoa: Arancini di Riso con Gorgonzola e Panatura di Riso Venere; from Il Ristorante Piccolo Lago: Spiedino Maranata, Batida de Coco; and from La Pesa, the very intriguing Sandwich con Gelato al Parmigiano Reggiano e Prosciutto di Parma. Yes, that's an ice cream sandwich made with parmesan and prosciutto flavored gelatos.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do