Friday, March 6, 2015
8:58 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Guess what we finally have in Stresa? Home pizza delivery! This is great news for Stresiani and tourists alike.
So far I know of these two establishments delivering pizza and other foods. Here are the details:
Pizza Away: Pizza Away is an Italian chain of pizza delivery restaurants. Their location in Stresa is convenient to the train station and the center of town, and you can usually find a space to stop in front for orders or pickups. Here's the menu, with phone number and hours posted on the front. Clicking on images should open them larger in another window.
( Continued ... )
Also delivering is Pizzeria il Capriccio, which has been a Stresa takeaway pizza staple for years already. Their menu gives a cell phone number to call to order, as well as the restaurant number. Here's their menu, along with phone numbers and hours.
This could be helpful on some tired evening when all you want to do is stay on your balcony with a bottle of red and wait for the pizza delivery car to arrive. I do not know the limits of either of their delivery zones, but I do believe they cover all of Stresa and its outlying neighborhoods, as well as possibly some extended areas.
By the way, it is not necessary to tip the pizza delivery person, but certainly you can if you wish to.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do