Friday, September 5, 2014
3:24 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Sharing some photos I took last evening as we strolled along the Lungolago after dinner, checking out the crafts, foods, and wares for sale in the market stalls. This Thursday craft market has been running all summer; I'm not certain how far into the autumn it will continue.
The market runs along the lake, from the boat station down to just past the ristorante Lido Blu across from the Regina Palace Hotel. It starts in the afternoon, and runs until late evening. During dinnertime, when we were here, it was calm.
( Continued ... )
The majority of stalls were individual crafters, and I was impressed by the scope, creativity, uniqueness, and quality of the offerings. In addition to the usual jewelry, and the photos here, there were hand-crafted wooden items, interesting flattened glass wine bottles recycled into clocks and wall art, very charming woolen tree decorations, soaps, hand-made glass, and much more. The foods were local honeys, cheeses, wines and grappas, desserts, and salamis.
And then, just because it was happening as we were passing, here's a photo of a bride and groom, with their photographers, taking photos against this dramatic twilight sky.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do