Saturday, August 23, 2014
4:32 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
The Palazzina Liberty has -- at least during all of the months of the summer season -- ongoing art exhibitions. You'll see the posters pasted and pinned around Stresa, on windows, bars, and in the supermarket; but have you ever stopped in to this small, slightly out-of-the-way gallery? You should; there's always something interesting to see. For example, now, until 26 August, the gallery is featuring a show of works by local painter Giacomo Schiari.
( Continued ... )
The show is entitled "Nel Sogno di Psyche," and features approximately 50 works of the artist, distributed among the two rooms of the gallery and the entrance hall. Many of the paintings feature some view of the lake or the very distinguishable Borromean Islands in the background. I've included photos of a few of those here, as well as another example of his work.
Palazzina Liberty is located on via de Amicis, number 33. It is this large building shown below, located directly across from the water station in Stresa. Directly to the right of the building is the Stresa Convention Center (formerly Palazzo dei Congressi), the large modern glass building in the center of town. In its previous life the Palazzina was the Stresa Kindergarten, but when new schools were built it began being used as a gallery space. At first glance Palazzina Liberty sometimes looks like an empty building, but if the gates are open, and if there are signs indicating a show, wander on in for a few minutes; there's always something interesting to see.
Labels: art and culture
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do