Tuesday, December 24, 2013
10:57 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Nothing terribly fancy, but in its own quiet way Stresa is nicely lit up for Natale. On December 8, on the day of the festa dell'immacolata concezione, the trees and decorations are put in place, and they will remain here until January 6, l'epifania, when the holiday season is officially over. The Comune has placed matching trees in various spots around the center of town. Above, in front of the bank where via P. Tomaso and via Roma meet. Below, further along P. Tomaso, in front of the supermarket.
( Continued ... )
In Piazza Marconi there is another tall albero di Natale, Christmas tree. All of the trees are decorated in the same fashion, with simple white and blue lights, and white cut out stars.
Also in Piazza Marconi, the door to the Comune office is flanked with two smaller matching trees, as well as a large glittering ball above.
Piazza Cadorna is so quiet sometimes on these winter nights.
But on the side under the portico, where there is Cafe Nazionale, a series of small trees lines the wall.
And here and there around town shops and restaurants have their own little decorations.
Just a couple of the streets have lights overhead.
And throughout the season, whenever there is a food festival or winter activity in the streets, burning logs such as this offer some spots to warm hands.
So yes, it may be a small town, with just a small amount of decorations. But Stresa has a big heart, and during Natale, many Santas!
From Stresa to you, wherever you may be, wishing you a holiday season filled with peace, love, and much happiness.
Buon Natale 2013
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do