- ► 2014 (36)
- ▼ May (5)
- ► 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (65)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (160)
Monday, May 6, 2013
1:00 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Editor's note: Let's bring this post from two years ago back up to the top of the list, as it's a great collection of helpful posts to get you started with your summer Stresa planning.
Summer planning starts right here! With the season underway, and so many planning their holidays to Stresa, I'm putting some of the most helpful links and older posts all together here to get you started.
Main Sites and Attractions: Start your search and planning with our Top Ten List. It'll acquaint you with all the most popular places to know about and see.
Important Annual Events: Check your travel dates against these events. Some will require purchasing tickets in advance.
Stresa Festival: The annual festival that brings together world class musicians and incredible venues.
Fiori di Fuoco: The World Championship of Fireworks usually runs from mid July through mid August, with different fireworks exhibitions in different venues each week.
Transportation: The Transportation tag has lots of helpful information on various topics regarding how to get around, but here are the most important links:
Alibus from Malpensa to Stresa: Running from Easter through September, this is a popular, economical, and easy way to transfer between Stresa and Malpensa Airport.
Train from Malpensa to Stresa: A very frequently asked question, here's some information on train routes and Trenitalia links.
Driving to Stresa from Malpensa: Are you arriving at Stresa by car from Malpensa or Milan? You'll need this link with directions and photos.
Navigazione Laghi: The ferry service comprises many boats that are not only transportation, they are relaxing and a great way to see the scenery. Learn a bit how to get around on the boats here.
Buses: The local buses can take you many places relatively easily. Here's some information about using the bus system.
What else can you find about about in the Transportation link? Water taxis, the Cableway, Milan's trams, and much more useful information.
Accommodations: This is a list of all the major hotels in Stresa, with links to their own sites.
This should get you well on your way. Use the blog search feature, and the tags in the Activity List and the Important Links on the right for more. Print out the Stresa Street Map from the link on the left. And if you still need some assistance, don't hesitate to write to us. We love hearing from our readers. Happy planning... can't wait to see you in Stresa!
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture
- day trips
- favorite quotations
- for kids
- Friends of Stresa Sights
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- La Lombarda
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- my house
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- What people say...