Monday, October 29, 2012
9:17 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
With the performance by the Frankfurt Radio Sinfonie-Orchester and Georgian pianist Khatia Buniatishvili last month, the wildly successful 52nd season of the Stresa Festival was closed.
Were you fortunate enough to have seen any of the 2012 Stresa Festival Musicale events?
The concert in the courtyard of Castello dei Visconti di San Vito?
Or at la Chiesa di San Nicolao at the Sacro Monte in Orta?
( continued... )
The ever-popular Bach violincello solo at l'ermitage Santa Caterina del Sasso?
Inside the Tapestry Hall at the Palazzo Borromeo on Isola Bella?
And in recent years even more venues have been added that don't require traveling from Stresa:
The Sala Tiffany at the Regina Palace Hotel,
The orchestral concert series in the modern theatre of the Palazzo dei Congressi in central Stresa,
Or any of the Midsummer Jazz Concerts on the Stresa Lungolago at the spot called "la Promenade Palazzola"?
I hope that you were there... If not, bookmark this for your future travel plans. Follow the link on this blog to know when tickets go on sale next year, and even if you do not consider yourself a music fan, take advantage of this world-class opportunity.
Here, on this section of their website, are a collection of short video highlights from this just closed season.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do