Friday, August 3, 2012
9:06 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Am I happy today? You bet I am! We've just had some very exciting news! We've discovered that Stresa Sights has been included in the list of Online Resources in the new updated edition of Susan Van Allen's wonderful book, 100 Places In Italy Every Woman Should Go. This is such an honor, and I am thrilled to be included in this guidebook and in such great company. Susan, grazie dal cuore. From my heart, thank you.
( continued .... )
If you haven't seen Susan's book yet, you should. This is a book that, as it says on the back cover, "Whether it's your first or twenty-first visit to Italy," you should read. And it's really not just for women. Honest.
Remember when I wrote a post for Susan about A Golden Day in Stresa?
Here we are...
Labels: news and information
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do