- ▼ May (5)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Sunday, May 13, 2012
8:22 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
The AVIS autonoleggio, car rental, agency, at number 35 Via Sempione Nord.
A question oft-asked to Stresa Sights is, "Where can I rent a car in Stresa?"
And the answer is, at the Avis office right here in town on the main road, close to the Carciano ferry stop. One of our loyal readers and Stresa lovers, Carl, has written in to report that he has had great experiences renting from this Avis office. Patricia runs the Stresa office, he tells us, adding that she is nice, and extremely helpful.
AVIS Budget Autonoleggio Spa - Italy
Affiliato di Stresa
Via empione Nord, 35
28049 Stresa (VB)
Telephone/Fax: +39 (0) 323 32161
So now that you have rented that car, where are you going to go? To get you started, here are five places that you might find interesting to drive to: (continue reading .... )
Explore Switzerland a bit. Bettmeralp is one popular and unique destination to the north. Remember to bring your passport!
Visit little Lago Mergozzo, difficult to reach with public transportation and oh so lovely.
Drive up to the medieval town of Vogona, especially if there is a Stresa Festival concert scheduled at the castle.
Close to Stresa, go up to the Trattoria San Salvatore for lunch or dinner, and the views.
Drive one hour into another part of Switzerland, Mendrisio, to the 160 designer shops of the famous Foxtown Factory Stores.
For more ideas, look through all of the Places to Go posts.
It may be helpful to know, for those of you with no knowledge of Italian, that the word 'autonoleggio' means auto rental. The verb is noleggiare, which means to rent or hire, as in a car, and when you see this word it will always pertain to renting something.
Another thing to keep in mind is that parking is always limited and sometimes difficult to find in Stresa. If you do rent, planning to park the car in Stresa, be sure that you have arranged for your parking, or understand your options well, in advance.
AVIS photo courtesy of Google Streetview
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (9)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (88)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (3)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)