Friday, September 13, 2013
8:22 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
The AVIS autonoleggio, car rental, agency, at number 35 Via Sempione Nord.
A question oft-asked to Stresa Sights is, "Where can I rent a car in Stresa?"
And the answer is, at the Avis office right here in town on the main road, close to the Carciano ferry stop.
AVIS Budget Autonoleggio Spa - Italy
Affiliato di Stresa
Via empione Nord, 35
28049 Stresa (VB)
Telephone/Fax: +39 (0) 323 32161
So now that you have rented that car, where are you going to go? To get you started, here are some places that you might find interesting to drive to: (continue reading .... )
Explore Switzerland a bit. Remember to bring your passport if you plan to cross the Swiss border!
Visit little Lago Mergozzo, difficult to reach with public transportation and oh so lovely.
Drive up to the medieval town of Vogona.
Close to Stresa, go up to the Trattoria San Salvatore for lunch or dinner, and the views.
Drive one hour into another part of Switzerland, Mendrisio, to the 160 designer shops of the famous Foxtown Factory Stores.
Visit Lake Orta and the towns surrounding it, such as Pella or Legro.
Visit a winery; nearby ones to Stresa are in the Sizzano, Gattinara, or Langhe regions.
Drive to a national park, such as Devero, for some hiking.
It may be helpful to know, for those of you with no knowledge of Italian, that the word 'autonoleggio' means auto rental. The verb is noleggiare, which means to rent or hire, as in a car, and when you see this word it will always pertain to renting something.
Another thing to keep in mind is that parking is always limited and sometimes difficult to find in Stresa. If you do rent, planning to park the car in Stresa, be sure that you have arranged for your parking, or understand your options well, in advance.
AVIS photo courtesy of Google Streetview
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do