- ▼ 2012 (70)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Monday, January 2, 2012
2:05 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Welcome 2012... I can't wait to see what you bring!
Last year was such a wonderful year for Stresa Sights... Our readership grew, we answered dozens of mails from readers, and we helped so many create lifetime memories in Stresa. For those who didn't come here this year, we kept them up to date on events in Stresa, with the hopes that they'll come soon or remember the times they spent here. We also have made Stresa and this particularly lovely corner of Italy better known to so many who really weren't aware of it before. And we started a page on Facebook to follow our posts with, for those who prefer to receive their information there. If you're on Facebook then friend us here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stresa-Sights/225333370827045. We have become, it is safe to say, the number 1 English language resource for current information on Stresa.
We were also mentioned other places in 2011. Stresa Sights was featured on author Susan Van Allen's blog, Golden Days in Italy, where I provided Susan with a guest post about a perfect, golden day in Stresa. And Gina has featured us on Villa Vita International's list of Ideal Vacations: Italian Lakes: A Special Visit to Lago Maggiore. It's been such an honor to be recognized by these wonderful people.
And it's been a year in which I've come to know and work with many people in Stresa, all with the goal of helping more people get the most out of their holidays here. We've planned specialized vacations for so many of you... focusing on cooking, or history, or shopping, or cheese making tours. In short, we have created many Golden Days in Stresa. I'd say this has been my favorite part of the past year, and it's what we plan to continue to focus on in 2012. Because it's with these people in Stresa, and the knowledge and insights that they have, that my time and YOURS there will be the most special that it can be. I want you to feel like you have friends in Stresa before you even arrive here, because it's true, you do.
So this year, make it your New Year's resolution that you are going to finally come to Stresa, or return to Stresa, or tell all your friends about Stresa. And stay in touch with us here at Stresa Sights, and follow us as we all see where 2012 will take us!
Happy New Year! Buon Anno Nuovo!
Labels: letters from the editor
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (34)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (70)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (31)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (27)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (10)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (31)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (9)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (9)
- restaurants (38)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (88)
- summer (61)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (3)
- wine (27)
- winter (41)