Sunday, October 16, 2011
8:26 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
This Sunday, to enjoy with your cappuccino, how about some yummy food-related news 'bites' about chocolate, pumpkins, and a tomato.
I know where I'd like to be from October 30 to November 1! I'd be right here in central Stresa, because that's when the Fiera dal Cioccolata Artigianale, the Exhibition of Chocolate Artisans, will be in town. All around Piazza Cadorna, and also along the Lungolago, you'll be able to find all sorts of chocolates and sweets, from local typical products of the region and other stands where new chocolate creations will be shown and offered. I'm hoping for samples .....
...And look at this tomato plant... On the other side of this wall is the sandy beach at Lido Stresa. Someone on the beach probably ate a tomato and a part fell to the ground, whether deliberately or not, which left some seeds, and they, pretending to be in a tomato field, have managed to grow...
grazie a Andrea Ferri for this photo and words.
Omegna will be celebrating la zucca, the pumpkin, all next weekend on October 22 and 23 in their annual festival. In the Omegna neighborhood of Cusiana, in the piazza, there will be many pumpkin related events, in addition to the hobby and antiques market already there: A sale of pumpkins, food stands preparing more than a dozen featured pumpkin dishes, including the famous in the region pumpkin risotto prepared in Nigogliotta and gorgonzola polenta. In the afternoon cakes and coffee will be served. Folk music bands will be playing. Wine shops will offer tasting events to pair with the pumpkins. And several restaurants in town will offer themed evenings centered around the pumpkin.
Some of my favorite things... I would definitely not mind a themed dinner revolving around pumpkins, risotto and chocolate! Buona domenica, enjoy your Sunday...
Labels: news and information
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do