Saturday, September 10, 2011
4:18 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
On the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the attack on the Twin Towers in New York, the Comune Administration of Stresa will remember the victims of Sept. 11 with a ceremony Sunday morning at 9:30, at the monument to the Twin Towers on the Lungolago in front of the Hotel des Iles Borromees. In front of the volunteer firefighters of Stresa, a garland will be placed on the memorial ...
It's important to remember that Stresa was the first city in all of Italy to erect a monument remembering the victims of that day. The beautiful statue is the work of the Albanian Sculptor Ilirjan Xhixha; another copy of the statue resides in New York City. All citizens, tourists and visitors are invited to attend the ceremony on Sunday morning.
Link to the older post about this statue here.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do