Friday, July 1, 2011
9:33 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
I think this news is going to make a lot of Stresa summer visitors veeeery happy. Finally, finally there are some weekly bus trips offered to some of those places you always wanted to see but couldn't because you needed a car to get there. Organized by the Distretto Turistico dei Laghi, the series is called "Amazing Tours."
Here's the basic information: Two bus trips will run each week of the summer season, ending on September 13. The large and comfortable coach buses will pick up travelers from several towns along the lake in between Dormelletto and Fondatoce. The bus will make its stop in Stresa at 8:40 am. Each round trip ticket is an incredibly reasonable 10 euro.
Here is the list of pick up times and locations:
8.00 am Dormelletto
8.10 am Arona
8.20 am Solcio (Lesa)
8.40 am Stresa
8.50 am Baveno
9.00 am Feriolo – Roundabout
9.05 am Fondotoce – Crossroads near Isolino Camping Site
9.10 am Fondotoce – Cimiter
And here is the list of tour dates and locations. Each is a link to information about that tour on the Distretto site. Tickets should be ordered at least 24 hours in advance, or, they can be bought at the Distretto ticket office in Stresa.
- Amazing Tour 5 luglio 2011 - Thermal Baths and Toce Waterfall
- Amazing Tour 21 luglio 2011 - Thermal Baths & Waterfall
- Amazing Tour 28 luglio 2011 - Thermal Baths & Toce Waterfall
- Amazing Tour 9 agosto 2011 - Thermal Baths & Waterfall
- Amazing Tour 18 agosto 2011 - Thermal Baths & Toce Waterfall
- Amazing Tour 30 agosto 2011 - Thermal Baths & Toce Waterfall
- Amazing Tour 13 settembre 2011 - Thermal Baths & Toce Waterfall
- Amazing Tour 7 luglio 2011 - Mount Rosa, Culture, Food&Wine
- Amazing Tour 2 agosto 2011 - Mount Rosa, Culture, Food&Wine
- Amazing Tour 25 agosto 2011 - Mount Rosa, Culture, Food&Wine
- Amazing Tour 8 settembre 2011 - Mount Rosa, Culture, Food and Wine
- Amazing Tour 19 luglio 2011 - Vigezzo Valley and Pastures of the Loana Valley
- Amazing Tour 16 agosto 2011 - Vigezzo Valley and Pastures of the Loana Valley
- Amazing Tour 26 luglio 2011 - Water and Falls
- Amazing Tour 14 luglio 2011 - Antrona Valley and the Solar Mirror
- Amazing Tour 1 settembre 2011 - Antrona Valley and the Solar Mirror
- Amazing Tour 12 luglio 2011 - Lake Orta and Mottarone
- Amazing Tour 4 agosto 2011 - Lake Orta and Mottarone
- Amazing Tour 6 settembre 2011 - Lake Orta and Mottarone
- Amazing Tour 23 agosto 2011 - Divedro Valley, Nature and Donkey Trekking
- Amazing Tour 11 agosto 2011 - Nature Park of Alpe Devero
- Amazing Tour each wednesday - Ancient Marble Quarry of Ornavasso
In addition to the two weekly trips, there is a special bus trip each Wednesday to the Antica Cava di Ornavasso, the old quarry that we recently mentioned in reference to the musical concerts there. The bus does not run in the evenings for the concert; this is however a wonderful opportunity to tour the quarry during the day.
Here are some of the destinations:
Alpe Devero Nature Park
Cascada di Toce Waterfall
Antica Cava at Ornavasso
I think these tours are going to be very successful. What a relaxing and economical way to see unforgettable scenery and places near Stresa. Remember, these tours should be booked at least 24 hours in advance. You can purchase them by clicking on the links. Or...
Visit the Distretto office in Stresa:
Corso Italia, 18, Stresa 28838
+30 0323 30416
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- favorite quotations
- for kids
- Friends of Stresa Sights
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- La Lombarda
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- my house
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- What people say...