Sunday, July 31, 2011
11:32 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Here are some of the first, and undoubtedly best, photographs to appear from last nights World Championship of Fireworks performance at Cascata del Toce. Beginning at 9:45 pm, with perfect weather and clear skies, the "Fiori di Fuoco 2011" performance was the most attended ever.
Certainly the conditions were one reason ... but another was also the great iniative taken by the region to provide buses to tranport visitors from some of the towns along the lake to the site, one hour to the north of Stresa. So popular in fact, that seats on the bus sold out before the closing day of ticket sales, even before knowing if the forecast was for good weather. (I, in fact, was one of those who missed out on a ticket).
I think maybe I should pre-reserve mine now for next year? Well, in the meantime, before that, I hope to catch one of the other remaining Fiori di Fuoco 2011 performances this summer. Here again is the link to the main site and schedule; I hope to catch one of the remaining performances, and I hope that you can as well:http://www.fioridifuoco.it/index.php?lang=en
all photographs by and property of Giancarlo Parazzoli
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do