Thursday, April 28, 2011
3:44 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Looking for a day out on the lake for your family or small group? I just recently heard of this group, run by 'Captain Jack,' that organizes fun family day or evening trips on Lago Maggiore or Lago Orta. Here's the information that the Captain sent to me, and how you can get in touch with him if you're interested:
The tours start WHEREVER the client wants: Captain Jack will come with the boat to any point on the water (for example at a hotel, street, wharf or camping along the lake) on the WHOLE AREA of Lago d'Orta and Lago Maggiore (excluding to or from Switzerland).
The trips have a fixed price for each group; the cost of fuel (on average € 200) is excluded and shall be payable on the trip. If the group wants to save on fuel they can discuss as short an itinerary as possible.
The price includes the skipper (Captain Jack) and unlimited use of sports equipment (banana boat, many types of funtubes, waterski, wakeboard, fishing tackles, sight for bird watching). Other activities that can be arranged are disembarking on island Malghera, breathtaking rides, treasure hunts, pirate raids, setting for barbecues and parties on beaches on the coast, beach volleyball and play soccer on the beach, booking local and inputs in local and affiliated restaurants, fireworks private shows, romantic tours, weddings... etc.).
The group has the opportunity to plan a day or night trip.
The powerboats accommodate up to seven people at a time (including skipper) and the trip is reserved for groups up to 6 people, normally. If the group is more numerous, while traveling by boat will host the participants in groups of six or less. In any case, the cost of the trip remains the same, regardless of the number of participants.
Our trips are perfect for young groups, family and children who are looking for unforgettable memories of their holiday on lake. We are the only famous association that organize this amazing trips on lake of Orta and Maggiore. The customer will book a day trip or evening trip at least one day prior to departure by calling Captain Jack on mobile number indicated.
Our motto is "Call Capitan Jack for great Pirates time"!
We have recently updated our website.
Our direct reference is:
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do