Monday, January 31, 2011
10:58 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Quick news from Gina at Villa Vita about one of her most popular programs. There are only two spaces remaining for this spring's Villages of Tuscany Photo Workshop. The week-long program with photographer Joel Wolfson will be from May 14 to 21 this year. Here's the link to all of the info:
Villages of Tuscany Photo Workshop
This program will have you looking at your surroundings everywhere with new eyes, and teach you how to capture what you see with those eyes onto film. And here's a good idea... after the program, if you intend to remain longer in Italy, why not bring those new skills up to Lago Maggiore and try them out here in Stresa? It is, after all, another one of Italy's truly photogenic locations.
It's that time of year again! Time to be planning vacations! I know I'm getting many many questions and requests for information. As Stresa Sights has over 300 posts now the site is full of helpful resources and links. Try the search tool on the upper left of the blog, and if you can't find what you're looking for don't hesitate to write to us! Happy planning a tutti!
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do