Friday, December 10, 2010
8:26 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Swarovski, the world famous Austrian crystal company, which for some years had beautified Milan with its sparkling tree each Christmas season, has something new instead planned for 2010. Inside the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, hanging from the vaulted ceiling, Swarovski has installed a dangling, spiraling chain of crystal hearts. Each heart is in the iconic Swarovski shape, and as the spiral spins the light plays off of the facets of the hundreds of crystals, filling the gallery with a lightshow visible even from afar. The hearts were installed on December 4, and they will remain in the Galleria until January 8, 2011.
The work is called "Un Amore di Citta'," and it is a part of the exhibition LED: Festivale Internazionale della Luce di Milano, taking place throughout Milan on the same days. Look for the 60+ unique open air light displays on locations all around the city in the second edition of this event, and be amazed by it in anticipation with this video: www.ledfestival.it
Milan, like other Italian cities, is magical in winter. And it's so easy to reach from Stresa, or vice versa. Here's an early post from this blog on reaching Milan, or Milano as it's called here of course, from Stresa by train: http:going-to-milano-from-stresa.html
What else is going on in winter? Read the other winter posts.
The Swarovski shop is located near the hearts mobile, inside the Galleria.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do