- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (70)
- ► 2011 (68)
- ▼ November (6)
- ► 2009 (160)
Monday, November 1, 2010
5:51 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Here's another interesting piece of news that has come across the desk here at the Stresa Sights office. New data, compiled by the Osservatorio Provinciale del Turismo for the period January through September 2010, gives an encouraging picture of the trends from the tourist season just ended. The statistics all point to growth, after the decline of the past few years caused by the global financial crisis. The data in the report is elaborate and detailed; I'll share just a few of the more interesting and Stresa-related points with you:
There were 58,318 visitors from the United States, an incredible 50.43% increase.
In total, the VCO region (Verbania Cusio Ossola, of which Stresa is a part) had 2,350,531 visitors in the period measured. 496,371 were Italian nationals and 1,854,160 were foreigners.
Of these tourists 1,217.248 stayed in hotels, a 17.25% increase over 2009. This more than makes up for the -15% drop suffered in 2009 compared to 2008.
Germans still make up the largest group of tourists (714,706) followed by the Dutch (418,191), French (157,883), Swiss (127,390), and those from the UK (111,860).
The average stay in the region is 4 to 5 days.
And Stresa itself had an increase of 35% in the number of visitors over the previous year, for a total this year of 410,950 visitors.
In sum, levels back to pre-crisis years and growing, much more interest from travelers from the United States, and a very rosy outlook for the years ahead.
So I ask you, when will YOU be coming here?
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture
- day trips
- favorite quotations
- for kids
- Friends of Stresa Sights
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- La Lombarda
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- my house
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- What people say...