Wednesday, September 8, 2010
6:31 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
On Sunday, September 19, the Association of Friends of the Giardino Alpinia invites all to a free event at the garden. Between the hours of 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and again between 2:00 PM and 5:30 PM, come and enjoy "Let's Get to Know the Plants of the Giardino Alpinia: Illustrations of the Indigenous and Exotic Flowers," and "Art and Nature: Let's Learn the Technique of Naturalistic Drawing" (bring your own papers and pencils). Following the presentations there will be some small gifts distributed. The program will be run by Professor Angelamaria Vicario, and she will be available for a short question and answer period as well.
Participation in the programs is free.
Entrance to the garden is 2.50 euro.
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do