Monday, July 12, 2010
3:40 PM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Joe first wrote with some questions about the ferry schedule. But the ferry just wasn't allowing him to do what he wanted to do: to take his father on a boat ride around the lake, stopping at various specific places for photos. Fabri from Maggiore Discovery came to the rescue, creating a special, private Father's Day boat trip, which Joe and his father took on a sunny Sunday in June.
Joe was kind enough to send along a couple of photographs, published here with his permission. He went on to say that Stresa was, perhaps, his favorite part of his entire trip, and that he planned to come again as soon as he could, the next time with his wife.
It was such a pleasure to help them with their trip. Meeting people like Joe and his father, and helping them to hopefully create some magical memories, is maybe the best part about this blog.
Hope to see you here next time Joe!
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do