Thursday, April 15, 2010
5:24 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Will you be in Stresa on a weekend between May 15 and June 12, 2010? If so, you may want to remember to stop in to the main church in Stresa, la Chiesa Parracchiale SS Ambrogio e Theodulo, to catch one of the organ concerts just scheduled. This is the twentieth edition of the festival, bringing world renowned organists to Stresa to play the recently restored Tamburini 1965 three-keyboard, 61-pedal organ. The concerts are all free, an opportunity for both residents and tourists to hear the potential of this beautiful musical instrument.
Here are the 2010 concert dates:
Saturday 15 May - Victor Urban, organo (Messico)
Saturday 22 May - Josep Vicent Giner, organo (Spagna)
Saturday 29 May - Lindy Rosborg, organo (Danimarca)
Sunday 6 June - Daniel Matrone, organo (Francia)
Saturday 12 June - Orchestra Filarmonica Biellese Emilio Straudi, direttore Mario Duella, organo
Although this post is for 2010, this gives a bit of overview for the organ concerts, which are an annual event. To see what's currently happening, here's their Web site: www.storiciorganipiemonte.com
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do