Lakeview Apartments!!

Lakeview Apartments!!
Bella Vista 1-bedroom holiday rentals

Heart of Stresa Apartments!!

Heart of Stresa Apartments!!
Stresa Apartments 1-bedroom holiday rentals

SEARCH THIS BLOG

STRESA WEATHER

STRESA WEATHER
Click for Forecast

2019 DATES COMING SOON

2019 DATES COMING SOON
CLICK HERE!

STRESA MAP

Malpensa / Stresa Bus

Malpensa / Stresa Bus
Available From 1 April to 13 Oct 2019 - Click to Book -
Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dana L'Americana Goes Running

It is ortensia,hydrangea, season now, and the lakefront is absolutely ablaze with the blossoms, mostly in deep blues, my favorites.

Dana L'Americana -- that's me -- is running along the lake. The last time I ran along the lake it was March, the tail end of winter, the very beginning of spring. It was gray, and chilly. Most of the people I encountered then were Stresiani, walking dogs or taking their daily stroll.

It's hot enough to play on the fountains now.

This beautiful pool overhanging the lake was much different in March.

Not so this time. These are hot summer mornings. The lungolago is crowded, and now it seems to be more tourists than locals. I hear several languages spoken, most of them not Italian. I see many couples pose at the prettiest spots to take photos, one taking photos of the other. I offer to take a photo of them together, and then I make it my goal, my mission, to do this for as many people as I can. I speak to them in English or Italian, and if neither of those languages work the universal hand gesture of clicking a camera always is understood. Then I continue running. I reach L'Idrovolante, do a circle of the parking lot, and begin my return. Inevitably, I'll pass some of the people I've taken photos of. Now I greet and wave to my new friends. In fact, I say hi to almost everyone I pass, especially if I can hear them speaking. I love saying good morning to them in their own languages.

I'll run for as long as I like in this way, doubling back and ultimately stopping somewhere around the Regina Palace Hotel. I cool down a bit, and Colleague meets me here for a cappuccino at Lido Blu.

During cappuccino at Lido Blu this car/boat cruised past. It's actually a pretty common sight on the lake in these summer days.

Dana L'Americana, she really loves starting her days in this way.

Follow On Facebook For More Posts

PLANNING A TRIP TO STRESA?

PLANNING A TRIP TO STRESA?
A Top Attractions Starting Point

SOME IMPORTANT DATES


Visit The Stresa Tourist Office For Complete Event Schedules

VACATIONS AND WORKSHOPS

VACATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
Before or after Stresa, plan more of your trip to Italy with Villa Vita!

CURRENCY CONVERTER

CURRENCY CONVERTER
Click here for a fast and easy currency converter.

STRESA SIGHTS by DANA KAPLAN

STRESA SIGHTS by DANA KAPLAN